With today being the International day of happiness, (Yeeey :))) the main purpose and subject of this blog, I see no better ocasion than to share with you what I promised a few days ago: the list of things that make me happy. It’s definitely just the beginning, but here goes, in no particular order:
1. The sun – when I feel the sun on my face, I feel definitely happier everytime.
2. Seeing our daughter experience something for the first time. There is a great great feeling to see a child’s eyes light-up when they see or find out something new and exciting. It’s like they are getting a step closer to understanding the world. For me, the best feeling is that I can influence in a good way this journey of discovery. My hope is, that with the right tools shared by us during the childhood, she can make the best choices by herself when she will grow up.
3. Sweets. (I’m not even going to pretend feeling guilty about it.) 🙂 I’m sure there is someone out there that can think it’s a bad choice, but the reasons that make someone happy shouldn’t be explained. 😉
4. Good food. Again, no guilt. Even I gained weight recently I am more happier than I was when I was skinny so, again, not guilty. (The weight gained it’s not connected with the food, which was there all along, only my body’s condition changed, for the better in the end, by quiting smoking and birth control pills.)
5. Traveling. As far as I have experienced until now, everything changes when you go on the road. The perspective gained by the distance can only make things clearer and better. And then are the new things you always, always find out when you travel. I love that. It makes me feel richer and more complete.
6. Watching ” Friends”. I am, and always will be, a fan of this series. It just makes me happy.
7. Learning something new, if possible everyday. This is my strongest addiction, and the only positive one. 🙂 Even if the smallest, unsignificant piece of information ever, if it makes “click!” with some of the ones I already have, I am happy! 🙂
8. Cooking. Things that make me happy, in time, not really changed but evolved naturally. Cooking is something I always did since I was a little girl, but never knew how to appreciate it’s true impact on my life until I got older…I guess it’s never too late.. 😉
9. Photography. Learning photography brought to my life the gift of learning to observe the world as if I would be looking trough a camera, and the importance of perspective, theoretical or phisical. ( I tend to generalize, but it really did this for me.) When you look though a camera, you have to really see. It changes everything. I will ellaborate on it later, it is definitely one of the posts I just have to write.
10. Writing – sharing with you my thoughts – this blog brought this to me and I couldn’t be more grateful. There is a great great feeling in coming in contact with your peers, the people that have shared interests to yours. So, thank you all for being there and reading. and giving me the oportunity to read your thoughts also. 🙂
I wish you happiness! 🙂