Even if it doesn’t seem like that after the torrid days we’ve been having in Romania, summer is sleeping away. So, for one of the last feasts of summer, do yourself a favor and do the following:
- Go to a farmer’s market.
- LOOK around, forgetting the usual list: potatoes, tomatoes, onion, etc.
- OBSERVE all the producers offers and try to find the most varied tomatoes you can find.
- Buy all the kinds you can find. Also, if you don’t grow your own ( which you totally should )try to find some fresh basil.
- If you don’t have, buy a good extra virgin olive oil. Greek ethnic shops can be a good option for finding one.
- Buy a good feta cheese and a fresh bread.
- Arrived home wash and cut the tomatoes in different shapes. Cut the cheese. Sprinkle with olive oil and basil.
You will remember this in the autumn when the rain will be pouring and the tomatoes will taste like nothing.